|View Larger Image||
FilterCLAY Filter Media
FilterCLAY Filter Media is a 100% pure, organic media. Clay, that is finely ground into specific sized pellets (4-8 mm) and baked at a temperature of 1,200oC inside a rotary kiln. FilterCLAY does not contain artificial additives, pesticides or dyes, and is a perfect filter media for a variety of applications.
FilterCLAY Multi-Functional Filter Media
FilterCLAY's physical characteristics offer a protective environment for nitrifying colonies of beneficial bacteria while providing efficient solid waste capture and water polishing.
- FilterCLAY's Basic Properties
- Material: Expanded Burnt Clay
- Grain/Shape: Porous/Round
- Particle Size: 4-8mm
- Physical Properties:
- Particle Density Dry: 1080 +/- 50 kg/M3
- Bulk Density: 600 +/- 50 kg/M3
- Other FilterCLAY Properties:
- Optimal Surface Colonized Due to Porosity Level:
- Surface Area: 232ft2/gallon
- FC-1: 1.7 cubic ft/65-75 pound bag.